View Single Post
Old 03-24-14, 01:14 AM   #1
redpiano
Seaman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Default Relearning TDC all over again with Op Monsun mod.

Hey guys, so I had manual TDC nailed down in SH5 but that game is so unstable and my game crashed months ago and would never start up again so I gave up on it entirely as I lost a very long campaign save because of those problems.

So now I'm playing SH4 with the Operation Monsun mod installed but I can't really do manual TDC at all now, I've never used the AOBF before and I don't really care for it now cause it's rather confusing but I'm willing to learn.

I spent a couple hours looking over the included TDC guide with the Kirub mod? I think it's called? And it's hard to follow because the hud in the guide looks different than mine and he fails to explain a bunch of things that I had to figure out myself and it was just not helpful really.

So I'm going to list a couple questions, but if you have any other advice or you know of any good picture tutorials for the OM tdc I would love to see it.

1. All the dial names are in german, what do they all do? I know the speed and range and nothing else.

2. The AOB is the angle where I'm located from the target's position right?

3. Is there a way to determine range without the AOB finder with OM installed, I know the stadimeter doesn't seem to show range anywhere now.

If the stadimeter worked like it normally does and showed me the range I wouldn't have an issue at all, but it seems like you're forced to use the AOB finder which to me is just more confusing and slow than is necessary, but I guess I don't know if the Stadimeter is realistic or not.
redpiano is offline   Reply With Quote