View Single Post
Old 01-09-10, 01:58 PM   #350
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Kursk-Add-on/Stand-Alone

Hello ZeeWolf,

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this tank simulation. I have downloaded and installed your two new missions with all the added features (Nebelwerfer, etc.), and I am really impressed. These constitute a substantial improvement over the stock game.
These missions made me very interested in the Kursk module you are working on. Before I sign up for my one-year membership, I would like to ask a few questions, though.

I am mainly interested in offline play. Thus, I was rather disappointed to see that the original TvT game had only twelve missions, structured into two campaigns with only two playable vehicles.

Will there be more missions/campaign options and more playable vehicles in the Kursk game? Is there going to be a tutorial for the TvT mission editor?

Will the behaviour of the AI infantry be improved. I don't mean their manners , but their actions. In comparison, for example, I thought that the infantry model in Steel Fury was much superior to TvT. The Steel Fury infanterists doge, crouch and jump for cover when under fire and shoot at enemies within range, whereas the TvT fellows just stand there, waiting to be mowed down by my tank's machine gun. The only thing that struck me as extremely unrealistic in the Steel Fury infantry model was that these guys are able to take out almost any tank by simply throwing a grenade at it.
Some of my relatives fought on the eastern front in WW II. They said that to knock out Soviet tanks, they used to climb up to the hatches and throw grenades into the tank, or they wedged mines or bundled grenades between the turret and the hull, or into the wheels.

One last thing. When I play TvT in the commander position, sometimes I get bumped to the driver position and my AI gunner and driver disapear. Can this be fixed, either in TvT directly, or with the Kursk module?

That's as far as my rant goes. I really appreciate your work and I am looking forward to the Kursk game.

Best regards,

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote