View Single Post
Old 12-28-09, 07:42 PM   #28
VonHesse
Sailor Man

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Well WEBSTER, you spoiled me, and now you have to hear about it. I absolutely love this weaker, slower S-Boat. Got 15 patrols in for 700,000+ tons, and lovin every minute of it. However...

It's December of 1943, and I've been forcibly retired! I thought it might happen eventually since I kept turning down new boats, but I had hoped that maybe you changed the availibility dates to let us ride out the whole war in your rusty death-trap. Since not, I have a few light-hearted requests:

1) Could you change the availibility dates to allow us to run the S-Boats for the whole war? Also, would it be possible to change your home port to Dutch Harbor after 1943 like in RL? If there were a refit port at the end of the Aleutian Islands (Kiska or Attu, IIRC) then we'd be able to raid Japanese home waters in our S-Boats. Was looking forward to that...

2) When I got the AA upgrade, it reduced my deck gun speed by half. The reason is that one of the deck gunner slots was now being used for the AA gunner. Any way to add an extra crew slot for the deck gun? Seemed a little unfair that subcompac would reward my good performance with a new AA gun, but force my deck gun to operate slower. Heck, I get half my weight from the deck gun.

Anyways, just wanted to say good job, now I'm hooked. The new S-Boat is soo immersive. You have to pay attention to every little detail - things I never cared about in fleetboats - and that makes it so much more fun. Thank you sir

BTW, I don't expect you to rush out and change this up just for me. Just a couple of thoughts. I have no idea if those two things are even possible or if your interested in looking at them, but it doesn't hurt to ask (I hope)

Cheers. Keep up the good work and you're gonna find yourself a write-in candidate for president. You've already got my vote. Think of the campain slogan...

"Vote WEBSTER, he gets s**t done"
VonHesse is offline   Reply With Quote