View Single Post
Old 12-26-08, 07:56 PM   #171
Herr Limpet
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ian
I have one problem myself.. I can install SHIII, get Starforce working and patched up to 1.4

Unfortunately then GWX wont install.. it says I'm not patched up to version 1.4
Just wanted to add my experience in case someone's coming across the same issue;
I just got my new system up and running (new Christmas gift to myself) with Vista 32 and was installing/reinstalling sw that I'd previously had on my XP system. So, after downloading GWX 3.0 (thanks again Wolves team!), I was ready to do a fresh install of SH3/GWX 3 but, with the DVD, got the starforce protection driver error - downloaded the update driver and got SH3 installed then tried to patch it with 1.4b. Though the patch ran fine and even stated that it successfully updated the SH3 install, when I test ran the program and got to the main menu screen it was missing the lower right corner patch upgrade stamp. So, after installing GWX 3.0 and launching it, the load bar progressed as far as 3/4 of the way and freeze and Windows gave me the error "There is a new (not implemented) page <Page Ingame Options>" followed by a box with "Menu ID not found: 0x1a000008".
I uninstalled everything again, reinstalled SH3, ran the patch (again, it runs like it's completing the task without issue), loaded the game to the menu and still no patch upgrade indication in the lower right corner (so I knew it wouldn't take the GW install if I attempted again).
Anyway, the short of it is (and it's been mentioned before, so it needs reiterating) the fix was simply to run the patch as administrator. It'll run successfully just as before, but this time the upgrade will have a valid patch stamp at the menu screen.

Installed GWX 3.0 and it came up fine.
You Grey Wolf dudes are a pretty talented lot.
Herr Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote