View Single Post
Old 11-25-16, 01:14 PM   #1282
orcsoul
Watch

Downloads: 186
Uploads: 0

Hmm.. I seem to be running into a 90% reliable crash with RFB 2.0 w/ Patch every time I attempt to load up the any sort of external view (Attack 'scope, external camera, deck, etc) in a Gar class running out of Pearl. Both the Porpoise and Tambor (which really makes it confusing, as the Tambor/Gar are(were?) identical and use the same files?) work just fine however.

The situation:

100% clean and fresh (Steam) install of SH4 w/ UBoat Missions, verified running 1.5 patch. Absolutely no other mods have ever been loaded, and the only two active in JSGME are RFB2.0 followed by the April patch. JSGME has been installed to the SH4 install directory and RFB is loading normally as far as I've been able to tell which is to say there have been no other errors or issues so far.

I'll start up the game, fire up a new campaign, accept my first mission and load up into the command room of the sub. From there I'll plot a course on the Nav map, return to the command room, and then attempt to move to the deck... then boom CTD.

Any time I've attempted to do anything that would pull up a view of the world outside the command room in the Gar class.

In an attempt to rule out RFB as the source of the issue I've also loaded up a fresh campaign in a Gar out of Pearl in the stock game w/ no mods. There are no issues there however and everything works as expected.

Suggestions? Known issue that I just missed searching for?

Edit:

Oookay... so just decided I'd start a game in a different class (Tambor out of Pearl) that I had just had success with... and lo and behold it crashed the moment I attempted to go on deck to get a view of my surroundings... hrmph.
orcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote