View Single Post
Old 09-01-10, 01:24 AM   #19
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Default "

Thanks for your good wishes, guys. Regarding repair times I am still very optimistic now, but I have to calm down your euphoria regarding possible "additions".

Little fixes like rising repair times, or (as LGN1 wanted), manipulating the dive time and CO2 level, are possible. Or maybe the "WO stays in bed when surfaced" bug can maybe be fixed. We'll see.

But my assembler knowledge is not good enough to add new features. I spent 5 hours only to realise a floating-point division by 60,0 because I still have problems with FPU commands.

As always, there are some drawbacks at the moment:

Since (at the current state) the changes will not be patched statically into the sh3.exe, there is a little launcher program required which overwrites a repair time routine in RAM.

1. This launcher currently does not work together with SH3Commander.

2. You have to trust me that the launcher is no malware/virus. The launcher uses code injection mechanism to overwrite routines of sh3.exe in RAM. This mechanism is also used by viruses.

The repair times for equipment are still displayed like this 0:02 (2 minutes). But these 2 minutes are now 2 hours. So I recommend to hide these (wrong) numbers and only show the text messages for damage "Light, Medium, Critical" in the GUI and add some time estimations e.g. "Medium (2 - 4 hours)" as in the LRT mod.

I can test it only for my version of sh3.exe and I've read somewhere that there are 4 different versions of the executable available. Pessimistic that it works with the other versions since it uses absolute hex-addresses. But adapting to the other versions is easy.

When the fix works stable I plan to apply my routines directly into the executable in order to make it independent from the launcher and compatible to SH3 Commander. I don't know if that is easy or not and I don't know if that is supported by this forum. If not, I'll do it only for my private use and share it with my family.

But: The 4 Gigabyte patch for sh3 is also a binary hack and nobody cares.....

First Beta maybe this weekend?

Greetings,
h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 09-01-10 at 05:19 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote