View Single Post
Old 09-22-16, 03:30 PM   #34
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Same thing goes for our banknotes:

I remember when I came to the US in 1982 and passed round a £20 note for some guys to look at. They were amazed how big it was and one of them said "All our bills in the US are the same size, so blind folks can't be sure what they're handing out". I'd never thought of that before... why is a $100 bill the same size as a $1 bill? And do you still have dollar bills? We got rid of our £1 note and replaced it with a coin years ago.
HA HA! ! I carry two £10 notes from my past England visit in my wallet. I win cheap bar bets with them. When someone implies I'm a little on the hefty side I ripost: " I can lose 20 lbs 'at the drop of a hat'!...if challenged for a nominal $5.00 bar bet; I calmly place the wallet in my sombrero and drop the hat on the bar...The varlet's amigos are usually so amused by the joke they make him pay off so as not appear to welch in public. Naturally, I stand the next round with the proceeds ( cheap Hamm's) and toast: "the Queen! God bless 'er!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote