View Single Post
Old 02-21-10, 04:00 PM   #15
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

Will do. But why not just use your Editor and set the day to 7? It will be the exact same as the one I upload to Filefront. Anyway, uploading.

Afraid it might be a moot point. I just changed the file in preparation to upload it, and ran the simulator with the day set to 7 and the planes spawned no problem. Now I don't know what to think. There are a lot of things I could have got wrong and fixed in the process of refining the mission. I am relatively new to mission building, and at the time I started making the mission, I was experimenting with the RGG for the first time. Still, I swear that the planes wouldn't spawn, then I changed the day and it started working. Anyway, I'm afraid we are not going to be able to reproduce the "non-spawning". 'Cause now they do.

Wait a minute, I still have an old version of the mission that might not work. Let me see about that one. Nope, that one works too, and now I think I know why.

I was having some problems with the editor having a conflict with my Vista settings. At first I got no error messages, but was having some trouble with graphics corruption with certain editor functions. Setting waypoints, I would get a large, blotchy box with my waypoint in it looking like a smear. After setting the waypoint, it looked normal. I had the same issue with the distance measuring tool. So I started messing with the program's compatibility settings. I tried running the program in 256 colors--that fixed the issue, but was hardly satisfactory as my whole desktop looked like crap. I tried running as an administrator, etc. Finally I got a message from Vista saying that Editor was incompatible with some elements of Aero, the Vista theme I was using, and that those features would now be turned off while the program was in use. Since then, no problems with the Editor. And now the dates work as well. So. There is the answer. The Editor is not compatible with more advanced Vista desktop themes, but it works fine with the basic one.

Last edited by nodlew; 02-21-10 at 04:21 PM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote