View Single Post
Old 04-16-10, 10:44 PM   #598
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

I've got another update on that problem I was having with the aircraft before. After reinstalling and applying RFB, the March 6 patch, RSRD and its patch, I played a couple patrols, without issue (other than getting sunk while hotdogging it when I should've been slinking away quiet like).

So I slapped on the Sub Watch Sensors + Scene 1.0 patch, and took out another start of the war patrol. Five iterations of aircraft being spotted... the first four went well. I immediately ordered a crash dive. Once the sub was under, I'd order 200' or deeper. A couple times the aircraft never attacked... the other two, DCs were dropped, but they missed me by quite a bit.

That fifth time? I ordered a crash dive, and just after I jump to the control room, I hear the high pitched whine of an aircraft engine as it dives down. It dropped bombs, which must've straddled me... four center compartments taking on water, and I never recovered.

I can't say why the first four went fine, while my lookouts never gave me time on the fifth. They were at their stations... I was at the nav map... 128x TC. SH4 shouldn't be stressing my system at that TC (Core i7 860 w/ 4 GB RAM).

If I can survive to get SD radar, or if I simply start later in the war, it'd be a non-issue...

The realistic side of me wants to say "Welcome to the real world"... there had to be watch crew that missed spotting an aircraft in time. The "I have to start another career over *again*!" side of me wants to ditch the patch. *shrug*
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote