View Single Post
Old 01-06-13, 06:44 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

First, the glass panels gone and turning into windows showing the world behind. Wowh. I am not knowing enough on that (or panels turning black) as if I could help you there. I know that some people have reported such issues, and reference then goes to bad video drivers, messed up Alpha-channels and stuff like that. It seems to be a very important symptom and I urge you to describe it in the forums of www.avsim.com.

I now recall that you use a notebook, it seems a gamer notebook with a solid gfx card, but how good that card really is I do not know. Has it it's own onboard RAM, or does it take its share from the general RAM? Is the driver version for that you use, stable, or dies it give you troubles in other games, too? - The latest driver must not be the best. I am using quite an old one,l for example, for all that have come after it, gave me minor problems here and there. On the other hand, an old driver could have its hand in messing up your panels. I cannot say - go to AVSIM.

You use FSC Acceleration or FSX + SP1 + SP2, yes?

Does the save flight feature work reliably for you? Saving flight siotuation and cockpit status reliably? It works reliable for me even in a high comp0lexity plane like the 737. It could easy - slightly - the pain when you cannot complete a flight when you have a save point to go back to. For example: save points after takeoff, reaching travel altitude, before descend, before final approach - something like that.

Yes, the Venetubo website. The information you filled in should be correct, of course. You can just delete (or move) the current config of FSX, so that FSX creates a new one at next launch, and with that one you can go to Bojote'S tweaking website again, starting new. The downloadable file you get in return must be manually moved to the correct location, the website service does not do that for you.

REX - yes, lovely it is, isn't it? See the screenshot thread, I just have placed many pics there. has no effect on my frames, at least not within the 30fps-limit that I have preset externally. But before thinking about addons, your installation must get fixed. So: the important stuff first. - REX just replaces textures and does not further effect the installed FSX. It allows very high degree of randomization. Helps to get rid of some of the too cartoonish-coloured FSX default sunsets.

FS9: well, I had it on my old rig, rock-solid, never failing me. IU was extrenmely heavy with addons: weather replacement, online weather downloads every ten minutes, the most complex airliners available, airport sceneries, global mesh replacement, global texture replacement, european and Northamerican replacement fortraffic grid, towns, terrain types and coastlines, and AI traffic, globally. Everything maxed out. And stable. - Did the same, exactly the same installation on my current rig - and ran into OOM errors. Lowered the slider settings, switched of traffic and so on: reduced the frequency of traffic, eased the grapohic settings and so on. But real reliability I did not regain. I then migrated to FSX becasue of the PMDG737, it is not available for FS9.

If you are really interested in civilian flight simming, FS9 could be an alternative, and a very good one. Yoiu can probbaly get many addons used, for very cheap prices (that's what I did when moving from FS8 to FS9, saved me 60% of the total costs). There are good sceneries, and many, as well as good weather tools, and good addon planes. Plus the iFly 737, PMDG 747, which both are second only to the PMDG737NGX for FSX. - But first try to get advise from the forums at Avsim, especially on the glasscockpit'S failure. It mujst be possible to get FSX running on your rig. I assume that something just gets overlooked so far.

You know that there is another simulator out, yes? X-Plane? They say it is good, in some parts superior in others inferior to FSX. And programmed in latest technology. But I do not know it, I cannot help you with that one. -> Youtube. -> flightsim websites.

Get the manuals I set up, please, if you are interested. I want to shut down those links.