View Single Post
Old 09-08-14, 05:44 PM   #63
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
What's a Short wheel drive? Did they mean a four wheel drive? Yeah 4x4's do vibrate a bit more because of the transaxle that's always spinning.

There are short wheelbase trucks but no such thing as a short wheel drive.

Short wheelbase trucks should ride more like a car than a truck.
think you got mixed up there when I lost a comma or left out a word there somewhere lol

short wheel base and they were saying that's just how a short wheel (base) drives.

the short wheel base ride is opposite from the way you describe it, short base rides stiffer and so you feel more bumps, its more like a sports car feel and the long wheel base is the softer Cadillac ride. I loved my lwb truck soft ride (very first truck I owned) but I love the feel of the swb better, lwb give the smooth soft ride and swb gives you the bumpier more responsive feel and control.

im gonna drop it off in the morning to the local dealership and give them a try at fixing it so I can at least get my strike #4 for lemon law.

im sure its got to be something other then tires or even with idiot mechanics they should have fixed it after 3 different tire balances and he said he did a replacement swapped out the tires with another truck on the lot so if it was the tires it should have been fixed after all that. I think the tires were only "part" of the vibration and not the root cause of it.

drove down south 75 miles to go fishing today and its 70 mph the whole way so I was car sick by the time I got there from vibrating the whole way there.

Last edited by Webster; 09-08-14 at 05:59 PM.