View Single Post
Old 09-07-14, 06:53 PM   #61
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
What's the tongue weight on your boat trailer? Adding weight to the very back end will usually pull weight off the front suspension and you should feel a noticeable difference in the way it drives. Unless it's a really light boat.

I just reviewed the previous posts and all of the symptoms you described about your brother's Dodge, could all be attributed to those front disc brake caliper pistons being partially seized and not retracting the pads fully.

Dodge was putting those plastic pistons in them for decades. I doubt that they've changed that practice.
A pair of stainless steel pistons will likely solve those issues.
YMMV
its only about 100 lbs but that is enough to take all the bounce out of the ride on bumpy roads and should be enough to counter their claim of its the suspension "floating" without a load and the short bed being different "bouncier" suspension then the 2 rental crew cabs I drove with no vibrations at all.

I love how they were trying to "teach me" about how short wheel drives ride differently since that's what I have driven for 35 years yet they claim I need to just "get used to it"