View Single Post
Old 07-23-18, 10:36 AM   #42
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut17 View Post
Captain AJ, every Captain is immersed in SH5 at their own level of enjoyment. Some have time to allow hours of involvement and are prepared to enjoy their time at 100% realism. They make use of all the skills that an actual u-boat Captain would employ to ensure that the end result of firing a torpedo results in a successful sinking.

Then there are others like me, a retired person who cannot understand why my pensionable days don't have as many free hours as my working days allowed. No I do not play at 100% as sometimes I start SH5 while I sit down with a cup of tea and watch the monitor as my U-49 just cuts through the sea with the clouds floating by at TC x1. Times like this I use to reflect just what it must be like to have been a sub-mariner in a war far from home. The modern PC allows the graphic detail to be enjoyed to the fullest, so I do take full advantage of what is displayed, while I still have good vision.

My biggest enjoyment comes from successfully evading destroyers or sneaking into and out of Scapa Flow. So to the hundreds (thousands?) of Captains out there, each has their own level of commitment and enjoyment of SH5. There is a wealth of helpful information, suggestions and video's within this forum that may answer questions and situations that you may encounter and need answers to.

I still wish to successfully get to the end of the first Campaign, and that has been after years of trying. Every time that I have restarted back at the Polish episode, I do feel I am getting better as an armchair sub-mariner. I have been greeted by the officer in the bunker so many times now, you would expect him to be on first name terms with me by now.

Awesome Reply PropNut. Yes, campaigns in Sh5 do take longer. ever used Silentotto to unlock other campaigns?

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote