View Single Post
Old 09-07-17, 08:44 AM   #578
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon1 My results

Whoohoo! I do play at 85%, I keep external view and action cam just because sometimes I like to watch the sub maneuver through the environment sometimes, or I try and recreate those movie shots you see of the sub surfacing at speed and breaching partway above the surface. That and I like to see the torpedoes hit and the explosions, but so far am not that good at sinking ships.

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

You are the "sim" in Subsim.

Last edited by alexv86; 09-08-17 at 07:07 AM.