View Single Post
Old 12-19-12, 11:20 AM   #1
Akula Osis
Watch

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0
SHO Activation - Frustration *** Fixed ***

Hola,

Not sure if anyone can help but as of right now I can't activate my product. New computer, fresh install on Win7 64 bit.

Here's the history:

Original SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On purchased from D2Drive before Gamefly took it over. I have boxed SH4 Wolves of the Pacific which installs no problem and I can run it.

Only thing about the new system is that I have specified alternate install locations because the Boot drive is an SSD. D: is RAID0 and I have a /Sims directory setup.

Installed SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, ran it and all was good. Took my original download copy of U-Boat Missions from D2Drive and was unable to activate it because the UBI Server reported "Failed Activation".

Investigated that issue and have a Catch-22 because I can't create a Gamefly account because I'm in Canada. So I've lost that purchase.

Purchased a 2nd version through Gamersgate and had the exact same failed Activation message. Contacted Ubi Support and confirmed the Serial Number is valid and un-activated, meaning it should work. Did some basic troubleshooting, disabled AV / firewall and all that stuff and still didn't work.

Ubi support has now shifted it towards solving MultiPlayer connection issues, which I've told them is the wrong direction.

So now, I'm putting it out in the wild to see if anyone else has had the same problem with the Addon.

Thanks in advance, if you could help me out.

Regards,

*RIP* LeoVampire

Last edited by Akula Osis; 12-20-12 at 08:21 PM.
Akula Osis is offline   Reply With Quote