Old 06-28-15, 03:10 AM   #32
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@manos

What news on your work my friend, any updates?

Very best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
+1 :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Same despair here!!!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
hello guys,

be patient , it will take time as i have to prepare three different (three resolutions) adjusting files for each supermod
i don't know when i will be done with it as i currently no moding at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosub1978 View Post
The IMPACT ANGLE, is not always 90!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torped...ctionAngle.png

I always love you Mak! You know that very well!
hello Geosub my friend
you made a very nice observation

i saw the graph that you mentioned , it is showing how the values of deflection angle are depending of the values of track angle(for given target's and torpedo's speeds).it names as optimum track angle the:

''Optimum track angle is defined as the point of minimum deflection angle sensitivity to track angle errors for a given target speed. This minimum occurs at the points of zero slope on the curves in Figure 4 (these points are marked by small triangles)''

these points ( i mean the points of zero slope on the curves) are exactly the points where the fuctions appear their max or min values (in this case ,their max). in other words,the graph is naming as ''optimum track angle'' the track angle that is giving us the maximum deflection angle .
i see no logic behind all this , why on the max of deflection angle we have the best track angle ?

in my opinion the principles for the best impact angle are:
1) when torp is running on a 90 degrees impact course ,is 'looking' the full length of ship so target looks 'bigger' looking through torp's ''eyes'' and this ,also, reducing the possibilities for torp to miss becuase of some not so acurate target's data.
2)becuase of the detonators the torps had back then ,there was the possibility for torp not to explode if this angle was not in the area of 90 +- 20 degrees (so good track angles are 70 to 110 degrees)

i will keep be skeptical on this as i am thinking that maybe there is the possibillity for the torpedo's detonator to need to ''meet'' the hull of ship in a different than 90° due the big speed of target.i don't know if there are physics on these kind of collisions but i can't think something reasonable enough for not choosing the 90° as best impact angle.

one way or the other ,the impact dial will allow to players to choose whatever impact angle they prefer(90° or not) so ,even if the graph is correct, the users can take advantage of it

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 06-28-15 at 03:37 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote