View Single Post
Old 04-14-14, 06:55 AM   #514
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
On the SEAD thing: may have been the target. There's a large early warning radar placed there, which I seem to recall not playing nice with the Kh-58. Either it's not modeled properly because it's not technically air defence, or the missile really can't target a radar on that bandwith. The latter is not as unlikely as it sounds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh-58
Entirely possible, but I switched targets to the smaller radar near a ring of AAA and it still refused to launch which is a tad odd. I'll have to do some more experimenting with the Froggie offline sometime.

Still, in regards to other missions I'm open for suggestions, I have the Ka-50 fairly much covered in regards to Vikhir operations, although manoeuvring is perhaps still a bit of a weak spot in particular hovering but some offline practising will probably fix that. Our line up basically consists of:

Me: A10C, Su25, Ka-50
Hunter: Su-25, Ka-50
Raptor: A10C, Su-25, Ka-50
Arclight: A10C, Su-25, Ka-50
TF: A10C, Su-25
Schroeder: UH-1, Su-25

So whatever mission we choose has to have some kind of setup of those, I know Schroeder doesn't like the Froggie, so finding some way to incorporate the Huey will be needed, perhaps as an SAR for whenever we get shot down. It's a shame that we can't program in something that prevents respawn until Schroeder can rescue you, although Raptor would have been completely SOL last night.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote