View Single Post
Old 07-08-09, 10:20 PM   #79
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Hmm, that's a tough one. Maybe more details on the situation might help shed some light on this problem. On a positive note though I'm getting closer to putting the German sonar coatings on the boat. In the spirit of mod independence, what I would like to do is import the coatings from the German Sub Sensors file to the American one. However something doesn't seem to be working correctly. I know there's a tutorial for adding new units into the game but what about new sensors? Periscopes, anti-sonar coatings, radar, etc.
I am not sure about going from the German side to the US side with stuff. But what I did with the Japanese subs (which are German) is make a new Senzori.dat, .sim etc for the stuff we added such as snorkel, radars and scope and put it into the library/Gersubparts. The game loaded the new files with no problem.

Don't forget the stuff in the sensor files is also in the UPCDATA. (Upgradepacks.upc, Equipment.upc) and of course also in the subs upc files. (you knew that).
And once you have them in the Equipment.upc, there is a line to link them the sensor.dat file. ExternalLinkName3D=
So to create new sensors and radars you just need a new name and new IDs and link the .dat,.sim etc and add to necessary .upc files.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote