View Single Post
Old 04-16-19, 09:51 AM   #28
italianmarine
A-ganger

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKD View Post
The mission begins on Sept 3 and continues into the night, therefore after the start of hostilities. The ship is described as having been sunk due to "sabotage" (huh?) and you clearly find the location in the middle of the North Sea...at night...in a storm...

Devs need to decide if tone of game is Kelly's Heroes or Das Boot. I'm getting a distinct sense of split personality from recent vids.

Anyways, real history can be just as dramatic, e.g.:
so do you prefer only two types of missions? espionage/infiltration and seek and destroy like in Silent Hunter since it is more historically correct?

I love all of the SH versions but I like that the missions here can vary, as shown in the streams, even though it might not be historically correct. UBOAT is not advertised as Sim, so if the devs like their vision, they should follow it. You know Hardcoresim players like us can`t pretend to much otherwise the game will not appeal to more casual players.

If it will be easy to mod I am more than confident that some modders will make it more historically correct, harder and more simbased.
italianmarine is offline   Reply With Quote