View Single Post
Old 01-31-07, 09:20 AM   #623
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Do either of you use SH3 Commander? If so it needs to be rolled back.

Next, I suggest both of you get the GWX Dec 23rd fixes (Here). If nothing else it will correct a few issues since GWX's release. The fix needs to be enabled via JSGME which is installed within your GWX program folder. Unzip the fix into the mods folder and enable it by clicking on the JSGME.exe. It must be the first mod enabled.

Then, I would try to setup a MP game between the both of you. This is fairly easy.

Quote:
1 ) First off you need to step up a account at www.ubi.com . Make a note of what your user name and password were.
2 ) Keep you computer connected to the internet and load up SH3.
3 ) When the game has loaded up select the Multiplayer option.
4 ) Click on play at ubi.com
5 ) Enter your user name and password and click on ok.
6 ) Then you will be in the waiting room with a list of games in front of you.
7 ) Then pick the game you wish to join, then click on ok.
8 ) You may be asked to type in the password fill it in then press ok.
9 ) If you wish to be the server just click on create game in the bottom left of the screen and follow the instuctions.
See if this will work for you.

With reference to -
Quote:
There is a possible file compatibilty issue here but not nessesarly between your installations of SH3 + GWX. (See Here)
We are not allow to discuss it here on this forum, but it's worth checking to see if it might be causing your problems.(That's enough said about that)

Finally, did either of you make any file changes to your SH3 + 1.4b installation before or after installing GWX? The one sticking point with LAN/MP games is that each player MUST have exactly the same set of files.

Failing all of the above, the only avenue left for exploration is your Firewalls. For example I know from experience that if your using Norton then just turning off your firewall will not be enough to allow a program access/new access to a LAN/NET.

Lastly, (last resort) totally uninstall SH3 and start from scratch. Follow the instructions found in the forum to get a complete removal of SH3.

Sorry for the long post but there is so much which could be affecting your installation.

EDIT - Just recieved your PM. If I understand correctly the game starts to load and then you are disconnected? Do you get as far as 'Not So Long Ago....'? If this is what is happening then you DEFINATELY have different files to each other.

Last edited by danlisa; 01-31-07 at 09:56 AM.
danlisa is offline   Reply With Quote