View Single Post
Old 04-05-11, 06:29 PM   #24
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
Hm...there is one obvious reason that you alluded to earlier... most likely 4 of the 5 ACTUVs are completely fabricated with fictional capabilities with only 1 of them the real model. The other 4 or there are decoy's to keep the general public and ie enemy intelligence from guessing the real capabilities.

On a related note, I hate the way that the SSK doesn't respond or detect HF Sonar. DW had the same bug. In reality a real SSK would detect HF sonar pings and start evading just like MF sonar pings wouldn't you think?

PS) love the signiture CCIP
Thanks

After a few tries at the Shark, I think I got it down pat. It's definitely got some weaknesses, but I now have little trouble sticking to the sub even if it speeds up to 15-20 kt and starts evading - even when it pops decoys. I've come to the conclusion that yup, I do like the shark, although it's not a vehicle that can just passively stick to the target - you really do have to go in stops and starts. Otherwise I've been able to get over 20,000pt on every mission with it.

Also, forget the HF sonar 'stealth' - the sub doesn't react to radar or visual on the ACTUV, which I find odd - although perhaps it's just choosing to blatantly ignore you....

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote