View Single Post
Old 05-08-12, 11:48 AM   #1
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0
Default Soundguy problem w Mods

Ahoy Kaleuns,
Gotta'nother issue with the sound portion of this. I started a new career over the weekend and even did the training mission so I could start the game with around 7 ships sunk. When doing this (with no mods of course) I noticed my soundman called out approaching ships with some degree of detail . When I put the mods back in, the soundguy doesn't say anything, ever.
As far as Crew and command mods go, I use Mighty fine crew, More Crew Commands, The Mighty fine crew patch and less annoying feetsteps, and I use the DBSM sound mods. Plus TDW's UI, FX, IRAI and....oh what the heck ....Here....

This list is a bit old but basically it's the same...

One question I have is; Can I use sobers "realistic hydrophone operator" mod as a possible fix without screwing something else up (New UI's, Crew Commands ect).
The other question is that I know that this problem is not new; does anyone else have a solution to get the soundman talking again whilst keeping the pertinent mods for sound and the crew .
Any help will be appreciated, I like the way the soundman works in the game and now that I know it's there, I would really like to try and get it to work.
Thanks Again
D40