View Single Post
Old 10-08-10, 02:14 AM   #12
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Wrong Specs

Hi Rends!

Thanks for posting my post into the SimHq forum which I follow regularly but I am not a member of. I saw a couple of other posts in other threads that I saw and I could answer through you:

1) The Panzer Luchs, the Marder III the Sturmpanzer IV(Brummbaer), and other vehicles are only available in the Mission Editor.Most are playable but some are not and can only be used as AI manned units in user-made missions.The Missions and campaigns for the beat 1.5 are yet to come.

2) There is a desert mod(Afrika mod) but it consists only of 3 user-made missions available for download on the tanksim.org.ru website.They consists of; The Road to Sidi Rezegh, Tobruk and Africa 01(Hill 206.The map needs to be downloaded prior to playing the mission.They're good missions playable with the Panzer IVF2.They appear in the user-made missions.They were supposed to make more but it seems to be on the backburner since June 2009.I have all 3 of them.

Re the technical aspect of the game.I am going to review some other specs to see if they conform to reality; muzzle velocity for some guns, weight of Soviet 85 mm and German 88mm shells. I am also looking into reducing the incidence of disabled guns in the missions which I find excessive.Once playing the same mission 10 times straight with a Panzer IVF2 8 times my gun was damaged and unable to fire .Many times I have had the feeling that compared to real battle conditions the player's(particularly German) gun gets disabled a bit too often in SF.

That being said I found other discrepancies this time related to the Panzer IVF2 .

According to a website which I consulted the :
  • Pzgr. Patr. 39 KwK 40 (Armour Piercing Capped Ballistic Cap High Explosive round)
    • Muzzle velocity: 770 m/s (versus 740m/s used in the tech_cfg folder a - 4% reduction)
    • Projectile: Panzergranate 39 (Pzgr. 39)
    • Projectile weight: 6. 80 kg
    • Explosive filler: 18 g of RDX/wax
    • Fuze: BdZ 5103 or BdZ 5103* base fuze
    • Round weight: 11. 52 kg
    • Cartridge case height: 495 mm
    • Propelling charge: 2. 410 kg of Digl. R. P. G1
    • Primer: electric, model C/22 or C/22 St.
  • Pzgr. Patr. 40 KwK 40 (Armour Piercing Composite Rigid)
    • Muzzle velocity: 990 m/s
    • Projectile: Panzergranate 40
    • Projectile weight: 4. 10 kg
    • Explosive filler: none
    • Fuze: none
    • Round weight: 8. 61 kg
    • Propelling charge: 2. 2 kg of Gu. R. P. 7,7
  • Gr. Patr. 38 HL/B KwK 40 (High Explosive Anti-Tank)
    • Muzzle velocity: 475 m/s (versus the 450m/s quoted in the tech_cfg folder a - 5% reduction)
    • Projectile: Gr. 38 HL/B
    • Projectile weight: 4. 60 kg
    • Explosive filler: n/a
    • Fuze: A. Z. 38 St
    • Round weight: 7. 36 kg
    • Propelling charge: 0. 43 kg of Gu. Bl. P. -AO

• Gr. Patr. 38 HL/C KwK 40 (High Explosive Anti-Tank)

• 7. 5cm Sprgr. Patr. 34 KwK 40 (High Explosive)
    • Muzzle velocity: 550 m/s (versus 450m/s in the tech_cfg - 18%!!!!)
    • Projectile: Sprgr. 34
    • Projectile weight: 5. 75 kg
    • Explosive filler: amatol
    • Fuze: kl. A. Z. 23 (0,15) umg. nose fuze
    • Round weight: 8. 71 kg
    • Propelling charge: 0. 755 kg of Gu. Bl. P. -AO
  • There could possibly be more errors like these that need to be addressed as I go along and check or rather double-check the figures for both Soviet and German tanks.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote