Old 04-24-17, 12:24 AM   #3998
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wxh View Post
I am having SH3 1.4b + GWX3.0 + V16B1 +MaGUI

This is a good mod, The thing is I am tring to find a balanced point which is add to some difficulty but realistic.Right now the issue happens at night or foggy situation.Almost every time I will bump into one of those destroyers without any prewarning.So if the sub crew finds a hard time to spot enemy then it should be even harder for the enenmy to spot back right
This is the one thing ibe never agreed with / liked about GWX. According to GWXs sensors file, an enemy ship can see you 30,000 meters away, while your crew can only see them at 16,000

You can fix this in two ways:
1- use the silent3editor app to edit the ai_sensors.dat file and lower the enemy max visual range.
A value that produces more realistic results is to set enemy max visual range to 12,000. Or 75% of your own visual range (defined in sensors.dat).

or

2.- install the M.E.P. V6 enviroment mod and its included "visual sensors for gwx3", wich solves this problem.
If you go the MEP route, you might need to edit the file data/cfg/sim.cfg with notepad, and change light sensitivity to 2.0 instead of its value of 0.85. Otherwise night surface attacks are no longer possible.

cheers!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote