Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
1) outer torpedo doors don't visibly open
2) flak guns churn out fire like nobody's business
3) you start off inside the command room :p
4) I've taken a lot of hits and kept running
5) get damage reports for the compressor
6) took a direct hit (fireball and all) to the topside stern; enveloped the crewman, who was never affected
7) had both diesels damaged; speed never reduced
1) I have this on the top of the "to-do" list, they must first be erased from the hull model (they're built in). In testing I had the moving doors at the good position, but I have problems with their animation : once they open up, they go back to the original type II position, which is 2 metres ahead of the bow The torpedo launches from the "tube" but the doors remains floating above the water Really hope I can find a fix quickly
2)yep, AI AA guns do not fire at ship, I didn't look at it yet, I'll take look and see if this can be sorted but I'm not that positive about that
3)That one's sure a shame :rotfl:I'll see to change the "default starting cam" if it can be done
4) Will check the overall hitpoints of the boat :hmm:
5) This is normal I think, the items mentionned above are not yet in the proper position but they're already "active" in the boat so can be hit
6) Noted, I think this has to do with the compartments property, there are different settings available "open" "semi open" "closed", maybe that's the reason. I don't know yet how to change it, I'll look at it.

Edit : The flak guns have their own damage model included in the game library, so far I didn't want to modify it to avoid eventual side effects, maybe that's the cause, I'll check anyway
7):hmm: I'll look at this also, the "diesel engine" zone used is the stock one, just modified the size and position of the hitbox, so not sure if it can be fixed.

Thanks a lot for the precise report, especially the damage related part. The damage model is my principal focus at the moment, I'll try to make it the most "realistic" possible. I also plan to add some effects like destructible lifeboats as on the AI models. I thought about destructible spare torpedo, but if the 3D one blows up, the torp will still be available in the weapon management screen.

Cheers
About #2; what I meant was, is that the flak guns just fire and fire. A very high cyclic rate with no reloading time a'tall. Like firing a Vulcan --grins--