View Single Post
Old 12-30-16, 03:06 AM   #3
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

i got this a few days ago - it is very much reminiscent of silent service 2 but with better graphics. i have been playing it so far on normal difficulty and it is a little too easy i find, for finding and sinking a tonne of ships - if you do find yourself being depth charged it can be a decent challenge as destroyers can come back round for their attack run again often quicker than i can maneuver out of the danger zone.

I would though like to some more aggressive destroyer tactics such as them firing at me when i am at periscope depth - this was something in silent service which i found made it more of challenge and made it more risky to fire torpedoes down the pipe at oncoming destroyer - also destroyers dont seem to do anything to swerve out of the way of torpedoes coming directly at them and very visibly so,

i haven't played it on hard yet, but i would think some of these things should be on normal at least

Overall though it is decent and i am sure more updates will be on the way.

It has a war patrol campaign which is good, but unlike Silent Service series it has no historical scenarios included, i think it would be good to have these also.

I also think it needs a few extra sound effects such as the quintessential sonar ping of surface ships on the hunt.
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote