Old 11-06-16, 10:01 PM   #664
Pomf666
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Pomf
The loading time is down to the quality of your rig.
LSH3-2015 is a big super mod.

My rig is:

Win7 64 bit
i5
gtx 1070 8GB VRAM
16GB RAM

I don't see how the "quality" of my rig could be much better, save for an i7, which unless the modders put in specific code for hyperthreading (which I highly doubt or probably not even possible to do with the old code/engine).

I don't think I could complain if other supermods did have the same extremely long load times. For example, while GWX is a bit longer than stock to load, it is no where near as long as LSH. And when it comes down to it, even though LSH15 is much more recent, there really isn't that much "extra stuff", more ships and more planes, but not much more components apart form that. And if really all the extra variety and a few extra nations are what is causing the extreme load times, then they really should have just dropped them.

But anyways, I guess there is nothing that can be done about it as it doesn't seem like LSH is being worked on anymore. And I'll just have to be more careful about saving and backing up saves, but still doesn't change my frustration and my hesitation to play this mod simply due to the long load times and pickiness of saving issues.
Pomf666 is offline   Reply With Quote