View Single Post
Old 01-18-16, 04:09 PM   #5
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Ok so here I come again. Reinstalled DW and LWAMI. Did MH-60 demo mision.
The task is to hunt Voctor-III.
At the very begining I tuned to two DIFAR-S as you can see from pic. These two probes are next to each other on the map. Small distance between.
Take a look at first directional reading from probe 3.
The signal dot is near the bottom of the display but it is exactly at the begining of the red line. The cursor there reads 80Hz. The 3 dots above disregard those are neutral freighter.
BElow is tuned DIFAR-S probe 2. Again jsut under the dots from Freighter there is one dot from Victor. However. For some unknow reason to me. The probe two reads that signal as 50Hz (VLF from Sonar Profile Chart from LWAMI)
Now as you can see that red line connecting those two signals is perfectly straight meaning those dots are on the exact same position on x-axis in probe 2 and 3. X-axis being freq. should mean that probe 2 and 3 should read me 50Hz when i place cursor there. Unfortunatly that is not hte case with probe 3 which for some reason has difference of 30Hz. I have once used dipping sonar this one showed me correct information however I have deployed it only once.
Also this wrong freq. readout is the case when I play in P-30 aircraft.
Now is this some strange sonar, sound behaviour that I do not understand or know about or it is just a bug? If someone has a tiem to try this mission and verify?
Pic:
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote