View Single Post
Old 08-15-08, 08:33 PM   #17
Friction150
Gunner

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdq4587
Really interesting reply. Speak loud dos not mean you got the truth. I know that medic is not total useless in game, but what you can change (I mean all the modder can change) is only under the game developer programming frame. That sometimes really let the addon maker fell discouragement.

Just tell me what you thinking you can do with medic and the distance between what you can do with the irish1958's hope? Does there are any possibility to implement "unexpected accidents, illnesses, deaths, and disabilities"?

And if anyone know there are executeable script (I mean support if else for while) in sh3, please tell me where I can found it. I will check it. Simply said without a running able script or program language code. You can not program. Whether you thinking what you doing are how near the program.

If you want change the crew_config files, you don't need program skill, you just need take too much time to change it and see what happen. Although the program skill will help and let you know where is the limit, because the programmer can guess what other programmer (I mean game developer) thinking. I really see some addon maker have do something I said impossible in other game. But that's not the way I am thinking, it just looks like it works, but in fact not the really function we expected.

Speak loud? I wasn't speaking loud, I wasn't speaking at all actually. I'm typing. I never said I knew the truth, in fact, in my last post, did I not say "I've written programs before, but I will fully admit that I don't know very much about SH3 programming."

Secondly, As I said, just about every aspect of this game has been changed before in one way or another. You were the one to announce that it couldn't be done, and if it could, it wasn't worth it. You are also the one that said this conversation is pointless. This might sound ignorant, but it's the truth: If you have nothing positive to say, why post? 99.99% of the guys on here that mod and try to mod do so as a hobby. None of them are getting paid for it. We're all here helping each other, or at the very least, offering support. So that's the choices: Help it, Support it, Or leave it alone.

Also, every game has scripting, even if it is small. This game has scripts as well. What controls what happens when torpedos hit? Or when a ship takes on to much water? Those figures are scripts in the sense that they control what goes on in a game. It's not the real world, so everything needs to be programmed to run correctly. Any program that doesn't have these figures is an empty shell, and will not function.

Sorry guys (modders and friends), people like this make me mad. They jump in an nail people for ideas and then they are the first people to b**** when nothing new comes out, or there is a problem with a mod...