View Single Post
Old 06-10-17, 09:47 AM   #1114
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Having an SH3 Commander problem.

I have recently gotten SH3 back on line. I purchased a new computer and xferred everything over to get it working. Remarkably, I have managed to get everything up and running with my old mod soup even while working around Steam.

However, I have run into a curious problem with SH3 Commander. After loading the game, in the base screen, none of my sub emblems show up in the Specials menu.

If the emblem is in the save file, it will show up in game. I know this as I xferred over my old career to do some experimenting and I moved around with the camera to make sure everything was going ok, and I saw the emblem. This was before I discovered the problem, which I found when starting a new career.

I have done some troubleshooting to narrow it down to Commander. If I have Commander rolled back and I start SH3, I can see the emblems in the Specials menu. If I start a new career later in the war using Commander, other Specials will show up such as the Alberich sub coating. If I start the game with Commander and then I don't roll it back, exit, then manually start SH3 without Commander, I don't see the emblems.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Commander. I can't imagine what would be happening that Commander could do that would result in the files not being seen by SH3 compared to if I just run SH3 without Commander. Have to admit this is a real head scratcher.

Any guesses?
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote