View Single Post
Old 12-03-08, 02:42 AM   #269
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Sag wrote: "An other way to reach this, is mantaining the stock power, and increase the inertia momentum (that I don't know where is and if exists in sh3!). In this way you will have the same effect on take down the acceleration ability, but without a so big slow down effect during the turning."

yep. the moment of inertia is proportional to the mass (if the mass is concentrated in one single point). one needs to enlarge the mass in order to get a higher moment of inertia and a lower acceleration. F(orce) = m(ass) * a(cceleration), so that

a = F/m.

One can edit the ships mass using S3D, but I'm afraid of unexpected side-effects....if I remember right, the mass is defined a) in the cfg-file of the ships and b) in the sim-file. I guess that the mass in the cfg-file is used for the recognition manual only and has no physicalic effect, while the mass in the .sim-file is used for the physicalic behaviour of the ship model. but I'm not sure, because I'm not a modder. I only want to have an halfway "realistic" game.

Last edited by h.sie; 12-03-08 at 02:53 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote