View Single Post
Old 11-16-08, 01:40 PM   #5
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

My brand of patriotism has just been handed a temporary if narrow defeat by someone who does not believe the words of his fellow Democrat, "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

We now live in a world where the majority of Americans no longer believe that: who no longer believe that peace comes through uncorrupted use of strength, or that the most powerful nation on the face of the earth has an obligation to use that power for the greater good of all. They have denied the existence of good and evil itself and live only to entertain themselves with ever more extravagant possessions, lifestyle and frivolity. Their hostility is reserved only for those who would stand in their self-serving way.

Fortunately, moral bankruptcy is self-limiting. Events quickly either kill the practitioners because of their inability or disinclination to defend themselves (after all, they have abandoned any sense that there are things worth dying for. Therefore they will die for nothing) or those events force them to change their ways, much as World War II did to the United States.

I now leave my soapbox again, to pursue the perfection of my Slightly Subnuclear Cutie.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-16-08 at 01:42 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote