Old 11-14-08, 12:02 PM   #116
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Mikhayl is correct.

This mod was intended to be used with gwx 2.1 and also community ships.

You can try downloading the community ships and see if it works.

But if GWX changed ANY ship's id, you'll get a CTD with this mod.

Have problems with gwx? Don't like it?

The only thing I can do is to teach you how to change the files yourself.

That way you can continue without gwx and have the ships mod.

How many ships you see in your sea folder? Icebergs and buoys don't count.
i am not using gwx because of two points:
at first, i think you have to know the stock game before using a supermod. by playing this way, you are able to appreciate the tons of detail work.

second:
using a supermod (like gwx) forces the player to be with the authors in all points of game balance. i am not! the AI is unrealistic (surface night attacs in early war are not possible), the loading times (as a result of the tons of new units?) are too high. also the sinking time is too long. because of this reason, i dont use OLC's ubermod, it forces me to use a 16km atmosphere, which seems not realistic to me. i like to build my sh3 by myself. when playing, i mention a "problem", after this i look for a modssolution. this is the way i play. GWX gives a lot of ideas, what is possible in sh3, so i am glad to have it. sometimes, i try to take some features (like the notail mod) out of gwx.

i hope gwx3 will give players the possibility to enable the campaign (for loading time purposes), extra units (same purpose) and AI (game balance, reality pruposes) in JSGME. By doing so, all the questions like "how can i change this" will end...

so, back to topic: i think mikhayl is right, there is a complication because of the cloned ships.

in my ships folder, there are only the stock units (49 ships). does the community ships mod reduce loading performance?

edit: ctd with community ships mod enabled first.

edit2: PT, can you tell me how to change the specific values in the sim files? (s3d is installed on my rig)

Last edited by Jaeger; 11-14-08 at 05:25 PM.
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote