asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

[quote=Philipp_Thomsen]
Quote:

3) Is it GWX compatible?

No.

GWX's campaign is based on the current ship's maneuverability speed. This mod corrects the ship's maneuverability speed, so it breaks some gwx aspects.

What does that mean? Means that I will have ships behaving like crazy in my game?

No. Means that ship's actions will be 10 times slower. All ships. They will take longer to turn, longer to accel and longer to stop. How this will affect the convoys? I don't know... We'll have to test it out and discover...

By logic, while the convoy is moving in a straight line, there will be no problems. When they turn from one waypoint to another, we may have some strange behavior. But from what I've seen already, they make a pretty mess while turning in groups since stock game, and also in supermods. Not becouse the supermods were not built correctly, but becouse the game engine sucks. Sucks badly. Ships go everywhere, go backwards, go right and left, like a blind man in a shootout.

Maybe making them slower will make it better. Maybe not. I don't know if I'll have the time to test it. But 99.9% of the time we spot a convoy, they are running a straight line, aren't them? So I guess we are ok.

hey!
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but I sort of know convoys waypoints, arrivals etc. are based on maximum speed of the convoy (right?) plus I saw bbw react to this on this first page SO I ask this just to be shure..

This quote is not correct, right? Or it is?

edit: for goggy.. if you enable this mod after rbs effects(full or lite), your warships will have "normal" funnel smoke.. Because of the sim files thomsen's mod consists of.. That is the only "incompatibility" with this two mods.. I think.. NO BIGGY..

Last edited by asanovic7; 11-10-08 at 12:24 PM.
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote