Thread: SB Pro PE Beta
View Single Post
Old 10-25-08, 03:38 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Don'T waste too much time with the tutorials, and do not try all tanks simultaneously. Pick one, let's say the Leo2A5, and stick to that one for the time being, learn it inside out, becasue the handling of the tanks is not the issue in SBP, but tactics, and making use of terrain, reading the maps. This the tutorials cannot teach you so much, only expereince can. Load the scnearios inthe editor and chnage the main playing units to match the tank type you picked, play Abrams scenarios with the Leo2A5 that way. replay your missions in the AAR, and see where it went wrong, replay the mission several times until you got it right. That way you learn the sim much better than by just slaving yourself to the tutorials. "Platoon recon" is a very recommendable missions, for it is small, focusses on what SBP was created for: platoon and vehicle command, and is randomised. I must have played it 12-15 times now, and still it is a great training session, and one of my most preferred missions. Load it in the editor and change the playing tanks to the type you want to learn first.

Also, make sure you become competent in dealing with the editor, which means you can handle the planning tool as well. especially when you play scenarios with multiple playable units between which you hop around. If you think you can just start a mission and later set indivual moving paths individually, you do it wrong. Spend good preparation on your plan in advance. If it is a huge scenario and you spend one hour or more with just setting up codnitonaed routes and thining about conditions, then it is not necessarily a good pla, but your working method is the right one. Planning is part of it all. The better your preparation, the greater your chances later on.

I suggest to post your technical problem in the eSim general forum. Have you decompressed the files? If I remember correctly, you should not do that, but my memory may fool me there.