View Single Post
Old 09-06-08, 02:38 PM   #310
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

I have tested with my new system (that can finally handle SHIV) and here are some impressions by me.

During the day, the sea looks very impressive, and generally the colors give a more realistic impression than anything I have seen, but:

Somehow everything is much too dark, or there is such a strong dark / light contrast that my eyes cannot adapt to it (this could well be the problem as a bright day is really bright with this mod).

In the evenings / at night I saw a lot of problems, ship wakes are glowing - I did not like the graphics at night, and the sunsets were over the top imo.

Overall my impression is that this mod is rather extreme - it does some things extremely well ( like the sea reflections and colors during the day ), but other things look unreal (evening / night).

This is my personal review - not based on a very long testing time - I just rode for a few days under tc and checked various sea states. This mod gives the most realistic graphics during certain times of day but it has to be more balanced before it is perfect.

Great job!

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote