View Single Post
Old 08-09-08, 08:54 AM   #9
Sea Otter
Watch

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
I don't see any inconsistencies, and I generally like it.

The only thing that doesnt really fit is the map, and the photos stuck into the wrong places.

Maybe now add something typically german, like a bottle of Becks, or a pack of Fromms:

Global Explorer,

Thanks for your feedback. I had a hard time trying to find a good map to use. I decided on a world map for three reasons:

1. I was playing with the Operation Monsun mod and it first had missions ranging from the artic to the Mediterranian to the Black Sea.

2. When OM Beta came out, it took you to the East Coast of the US and the Caribbean.

3. Then I got to thinking that now I might enjoy playing in the Far East at some point with the baseline 1.5 and might remodel the office for that part as well.

Given all this, I just went with one big map.

As for the photo's stuck in the wrong place, I assume you mean the ones on the wall map. I did that just for the "eye candy" effect. You really can't tell what the pics are, but it includes a picture of a convoy staging point in Canada (far left pic), a pic of an armed merchant, some Royal Navy destroyers and a battleship, and a picture of a hedgehog weapons system.

I stuck them on the land portions of the map since our captain wouldn't be too concerned with that part of his map.

Thank you for the pic of the pack of Fromms! They might look good on the desk.

A case of Beck's would be great - I may have to pick up a case tonight so I can "model from real life" - the sacrifices we must do for art!

I saw you were from Berlin. I had the pleasure of visiting back in the summer of 2001. It was beautiful, the people were friendly, and the food was great!

I stayed in a small hotel in Spandau. I remember it was near a church that had an impressive monument to knights who fought in the Crusades.

Again, thanks for your input!

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo."

Chief Offier Steward Dogan
USS Gurnard
Sea Otter is offline   Reply With Quote