View Single Post
Old 08-03-08, 09:09 PM   #100
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

This is a response to various bug reports from beta 2

Quote:
Same crash bug with 6th Flotilla in July 1942.
Corrected

Quote:
Chose late 1944, VIIC and loaded it with all the heaviest flaks and propped it full of torpedoes, started mission and CTD. (It CTD`ed while loading) Earlier 1944 worked.

11th Flotilla, September 1944, VIIC41, crashed when loading the mission.
Corrected

Quote:
Another bug: 10th Flotilla still causing a CTD in 1943
Unable to recreate. Tried both the IXC & IXC/40

Quote:
Re the equipment of conning towers and such, this is second priority, but it still bugs me. How can I remove all that fancy radar?

and every VIIC from 1943 has Radar.
Currently FUMO30 Radar start showing up on 1 March 1943. This date is based on the following statement at U-Boat.net

FuMO 30

This was an improved version of the rotating mast version of FMG 41G (gU), with a direction finder added, ready in late 1942. It was built into all U-boats. However, it was easily disabled by depth charges or bombs, and the antennas corroded in the salt water. Commanders did not like to use it, because they feared that it gave away their position.

http://www.uboat.net/technical/radar.htm

Quote:
Also, I'd suggest increasing the lethality of aircraft bombs/depth charges adar.

And if they attacked I often had heavy damage, but never fatal damage. It seems still that japanese aircraft are more lethal than british, which is the wrong way around.
The aircraft are currently are loaded with various airborne depth charges

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WAMBR_ASW.htm

I will look into giving them a little bit bigger boom.

Quote:
Re the torpedoes, I don't get any guided torps when I start a career in 1944. Only normal and FAT/LUT.Re the torpedoes, I don't get any guided torps when I start a career in 1944. Only normal and FAT/LUT.

AFAIK T-V should be available from late 1943 on all boats.
The T5 is now set for 1943-09-01 based on this statement from Uboat.net

The Zaunköning (Wren) came into service during the autumn of 1943

http://www.uboat.net/technical/torpedoes.htm

Quote:
Also, the final conning tower of the VIIC still has no Radar warning receiver

At least the final conning tower should have a RWR slot.
This was a "bug" in the "stock settings" of the UpgradePack.upc file

Quote:
Switching to Attack Map. Select Salve and both Rear tubes V/VI. Gyro angle Switch starting to whirl around.
This Effect is also displayed in the Com. Center.
This will only happen if you have the periscope in the "default" position of 000 when you select the "aft torpedo tubes". If you move the periscope a few degrees left or right of 000 the "problems" goes away.

Quote:
Might be already a known issue because it's just an eyecandy thingy and therefore not fixed yet.. anyway... found these little glitches on the VIIb (7th Flottilla, Kiel, 3rd of Sept '39).
Corrected with ZeeWolf new Turms

Quote:
But I second that on Brunsbüttel instead of Kiel. As long as the "auto Kanal waypoint" of SH3 doesnt come back, navigating the NOK is simply a nuisance.

Und wo es grad so schön ist, wäre Super wenn man es einbauen könnte die durchquerung des Nord- Ostsee Kanales zu überspringen und Brunsbüttel als Startpunkt hat, wenn Kile der Heimathafen ist und man ausserhalb des Hafen starten möchte. Im Moment ist es sehr mühselig durch den Kanal zu kommen.
Update “at sea” departure point for Kiel to the western exit of the Kiel canal at Brunsbüttel

=======================

Beta 3 will release on Saturday

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 08-03-08 at 10:33 PM.