Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats
I like it and I didn't find any noticable hit to FPS in port when the mod is used by itself. Of course that was at a lower resolution than what most people like. If I crank it up to the higher setting I get about 26 in the canal.
I enjoy starting in port and rarely see below 40FPS.
I like the ambiance of getting underway from the pier myself, but my Dell 7000 series Nvidia is a bit dated. And my drivers MUST come from Dell. I'm still getting that annoying water flash. Funny how the manual says the game was made for the 7000 series and yet people are fairing better with the newer cards.

I also have a Dell computer (Dimension 8250) that has seen better days, but thanks to upgrades (all of which I was told was impossible by Dell) the system plays this sim, with the bigger mods installed fairly well. If a new rig is not in the immediate future, there are things you could do.

The first things I did was to max out the memory, and install the largest CPU the MB would accept. Next, I wanted to install a better GC. This rig came with the ATI 9700pro (how long ago was that?:hmm: ). I upgraded to the 9800pro, and finally to the present X1650pro. The other item to be upgraded, and certainly one of the most important, was the PSU. This is where it could get tricky. As you probrably know, Dell has it's own way of doing things, and has it's own parts to do them with. I don't know if this has changed since then. Anyway, a standard off the shelf PSU will not fit in a Dell case. Luckily I found this place: www.pcpowerandcooling.com They have top notch PSU's, and manufacture a line to fit Dell computers.

Presently I'm seeking a new, bleeding edge (except without Vista) system. Money is alittle tight at the moment, but my Dell with it's upgrades is still holding its own.