Old 07-28-08, 02:05 PM   #37
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12
Hmmm..fair enough.
Spike, I don't want you to think I was upset with your comments. I welcome any comments good or bad or just a difference of opinion. And I was just giving my point of view.

In fact from the comments I am going to investigate how hard it would be to take the existing files and use the German files instead. I have a folder for the parts I need to make a ship, dive planes, torp tubes, etc. and I just import the whole dat file. So if I substituted the German files and used the German Roster, it may not be very difficult to take the work already done and convert it. The guns should just have to be moved to a different folder, so that should work. And there will be a upc that need to be reworked, but once I do the initial work, the rest is just add it to the ships, one after another.
But the first priority to even bother trying this is to figure out why they won't go into the Campaign. I didn't get any answers of my request so I will have to try stuff. I think it may be in the upc file but I'm not sure yet. So, if things work out I may be able to do versions for both sides, but it may take some time to figure this out. (Probably by then there will be a surface ship game and I'll do it all for nothing).
I also would like to figure out the 'damage' issue, but there is very little information and I guess it's a LOT of work and some feel it is wasted work because it is really a submarine game and I understand their feeling on that.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote