Old 06-18-08, 11:44 AM   #967
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
Here's what I can say on my end:
The USET-95 specs are going to be changed... in fact I might already have done it.
Tell us what values you entered for USET-95.

Quote:
The MPT-1... I'm very curious where Amizaur/LW got the data for this weapon. I agree with Gorshkov that the numbers don't seem right, especially if its an electric torp. I'd like to see some hard numbers before committing to any changes though.
Search Subsim forum carefully. Amizaur wrote here two years ago that MPT-1 is an electric torpedo and he was rather very pessimistic about its real value. This type of propulsion, quite old design (work started in 1987), dwarfish dimensions (comparable with Mk46 chemical torp!) and this weapon origin as a part of mine or light Medvedka ASROC absolutely exclude possibility that MPT-1 could achieve 13 km range at 45 kts speed! Moreover there is no data about MPT-1 which describes its speed or range. Only those referring to dimensions, weight, seeker type and warhead are accessible.

Willy-nille I have just examined contemporary LWT designs myself and I opt for 45 kts at 8 km or 50 kts at 5-6 km at best.

Quote:
Sub-launched missiles are flagged as torpedoes so they generate TIW warnings. (This is also what is keeping them from being engaged by the playable FFG's CIWS).
I see. Well, some tradeoffs always take place...

Last edited by Gorshkov; 06-18-08 at 12:16 PM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote