Old 06-18-08, 10:18 AM   #966
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Hi, guys!

I have bad news for Lufty. Several bugs still remain in DW database even after three years long LWAMI development period. Thanks to DWEdit I was able to check torpedo parameters and I have found the following bugs:

- MPT-1UME torp has 13 km range at 45 kts speed! Very comic but virtually impossible. Think about decreasing it to 10 km or set 50 kts at 6 km values.

- USET-95 torp has 50 kts speed at 30 km. Very interesting values for SET-40/72's (31 kts at 8 km) export model, indeed! I had to fix this idiotism myself by setting 20 kts and 40 km less respectively. Note: as far as I can tell, this weapon is NOT loaded on any platform in the DB.

- I don't know why some anti-ship missiles are placed in DW database torpedo section??? SimType parameter is set to "Torp" not "Missile"!

I hope my own debugger will be helpful for you and this help you to improve LWAMI. Besides you have always liked constructive feedbacks! :rotfl:
Thanks for checking in.

Here's what I can say on my end:
The USET-95 specs are going to be changed... in fact I might already have done it.

The MPT-1... I'm very curious where Amizaur/LW got the data for this weapon. I agree with Gorshkov that the numbers don't seem right, especially if its an electric torp. I'd like to see some hard numbers before committing to any changes though.

Sub-launched missiles are flagged as torpedoes so they generate TIW warnings. (This is also what is keeping them from being engaged by the playable FFG's CIWS).