View Single Post
Old 06-17-08, 08:27 AM   #855
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Hi OLC / Guys!!

Quick question if I may -

I'm seeing conflicting arguments on this and hop the record can be put straight, but is the XPSP2 Res Fix for SH3 (the latest one), compatible with the OLC Ubermod?

Reason I ask, I enabled it and was happy to see it scale up to 1920 x 1200 resolution (although the dials are still oval in shape because of the widescreen). Ships are very crisp in detail, rigging, bow wave etc.

However...

When looking through the periscope the ships are now VERY small in comparison to running in the default 1024 x768 res.

I use full manual targeting with the OLC mod, so to test I fired up the academy Torpedo mission where you sink several ships and concentrated on the small tanker going in a southern direction at approx 7kts.

Normally I have absolutely no problem hitting this vessel, so I use this mission to test mods like smoke, sound etc. etc. With the high res fix though, and apart from the ship appearing tiny, I plotted the solution as before into the TDC but when fired all torps went VERY wide of their mark. I restarted the mission several times and its exactly the same regardless of ship etc.

I also lowered the resolution, which is currently at 1440 x 900, and again the accuracy seems somewhat 'off'. Even when aiming at a stationary vessel - very odd.

So, is the res fix at fault? Does it not like the OLC mod? Am I a crap shot?

I read that the OLC GUI 1.2.6 works to an extent with different resolutions, but is that the same for the GUI included in the Ubermod?

I would just like to know if its ok to use with this mod, and to hear from other users' experiences with the different resolutions.

Cheers guys, and once again OLC - fantastic work mate!

Px3000

Last edited by Phoenix3000; 06-17-08 at 08:38 AM.
Phoenix3000 is offline   Reply With Quote