View Single Post
Old 06-16-08, 01:50 PM   #1042
Suicide Charlie
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm not looking for like a road map to success. I actually more interesting in tools that will allow me to log my own and create a map with what intellegence I've pick up over my encounters during parols in a particular boat.

Oddly enough I seem to just be missing shipping at my patrol zones with RSRD. My first patrol with the USS Tambor was a good one simply because I caught an IJN task force with two HIRYU's about 700nm WNW of Wake. I took a flat top. I lost the sound contact while I dropped back into a shadow position to recharge batteries and reload. I proceed on to my patrol area which was 130nm SE of Okinawa. The only contacts I had were aircraft. Of course I couldn't do much prowling due to fuel reserves. I was hoping to get extremely lucky and get a Maru or two moving from the East coast Japanese ports down to the Phillipines, Boreno, Formosa (Tiawan), etc to be dumped in my lap.

The patrol I'm on now sent me just on the West side of Okinawa in the East China Sea. I expected to be almost walking across a sea of steel as past experiences there have always been fruitful. Not a single thing. Now they're sending me back SSE of Okinawa.

It's March 11th, 1942 in my game.