asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default response

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Halifax / Brest, January 1944

But is very rare to hit one under GWX normal conditions (=without mod for gunspower...). They have hundreds of hit points...

And, if you please, a question for a question: do you know if these attacks are planed for every partrol start? (because I hat not, for many times, just a couple of ME 109 patroling – allways Jan. 44 + Brest)
Hey!

Yesterday, I made cuts to materials.dat to lower the size of textures and stuff like that. It is now half the size. I "stole" some of the textures from GWX 2.1 because they used smaller tgas. Privateer said they hacked it up to be playable on older machines.. Explosions and fires now don't look so "clear" but I think it's a fair amount of "price" to pay to be playable in every comp. in every situation like the one in brest. I don't like fps losses. I am satisfied, I just need to cut some more thingies and it will be playable ok.
I even tested it.

I tried to start patrol in 8. month of the year of our Lord 1944.
2 flotilla(if I am not mistaken) in Brest.

I left the dock and after 2 seconds, aeroplanes started to come.
I was playing with this mods:
gwx 2.1(ofcourse )
aotd mad max aa ships shleuse bugfix for gwx 2.1
torpedo final damage v2.0
olc ubermod 2.11
this mod v204c
my new version test(which is upgraded v204d)
(so you see I used some great eaters of fps besides this mod)

As I said I got hd2600pro 256 mb.. 2.66 ghz with 1.5 gb ram
I have experienced 2 or 3 times 1-2 fps, when a ship near me exploded and when all those bombs hit the surface. other fps was 10-18
On second or third vawe two bombers were shot down, fell to the sea, I was a bit dissapointed that large bomber(british bomber, halifax, maybe it is that) didn't left a burning oil smoke(so far I saw that only with swordfishes :rotfl: ).
And then it ended.. To my satisfaction..

I didn't experience your ctd..
I was satisfied because witth the older settings I would probably experience a ctd of my own. I mean, that port has about 200 aa guns.. :rotfl:
With gwx 2.1 now it looks like a movie.. Again, great, great great job...

So it is my challenge now to make it look good and fast.. on gwx 2.1 movie..

p.s. A6intruder reported that in that brest there are two destroyers with one funnel working, one not.. :rotfl: I would be grateful if someone would try to see that because I cannot reproduce his occurances.. :rotfl: Maybe I should first try for that ships then talk..

Vir prudens non contra ventam mingit!
A smart guy doesn't pi.s against the wind..

Cheers!

p.s. akdavis, you started a thread to request a tutorial for s3d? I didn't understand your idea about aa gun explosions in it.. Can you make it clearer?
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote