View Single Post
Old 05-21-08, 07:43 AM   #24
DJ Funk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ah,

I just found this forum & this thread by chance & what a pity to loose such a promising looking project. But this is how it goes sometimes & I can speak of my personal experience too since I was onboard project Sealords almost two years when she was cancelled.

But anyhow as I want to express my condolences I also vouch for some of the speech my buddy Deamon just gave. I have worked on few mods before & then on a full commercial project. After that I signed to IUF. What this project has under the hood is something different from anything I have experienced before. It’s not the looks at least for some time now but rather the approach to develop a product which just plain & simple makes sense with a small team like ours.

I’ve been onboard IUF a little less than a year now & I already have almost all the tools I can imagine needing to work as a sound engineer for the project. Also I already know that the future team members & artists will receive same treatment & dedication so that they can concentrate on doing what they do best without day by day access to game source. I think the time is ripe to an 3D artist to step in & as we do work on 1:1 basis, the first one in can actually participate on creating all the needed tools for his job. You just tell what you need & at the end you shall receive full independence if that is what you seek & if your personality fits that well into ours that we should be able to trust you with this kind of freedom.

As I see it we are looking for talented part timers or full timers (I am talking about the time you can spend in a week to work) who are somewhat tired of the games today & want something different or more & who just won’t give up since they know how the perfect game experience should be or are just disappointed how shallow & commercial the games of today end up. We do what we do because we love doing it & hopefully that dedication will end up on the product as well. I know the whole scope of the task is all but insurmountable but we don’t feel the burden since we play around a lot & the clever design approach of our product gives us as much satisfaction if not more than the actual finished product that one day shall receive full attention of the gaming community.

I think it’s time to go showcasing

Last edited by DJ Funk; 05-21-08 at 08:40 AM.