View Single Post
Old 05-19-08, 12:04 AM   #11
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunits
Well i encounterd my first serious problem .
You can see in the pictures that there is still a periscoop in the center of the boat.
The problem is i cant get rid of it so far whitout messing something else up.
The only way i could disable it so far is by disabling the Z01 node in the submarine DAT-file. Problem is that when i do that i also loose the crew and the AA-guns and de UZO. If i go too the inside of the conningtower the periscopes constantly are raising .
Ideas are welcome
Sorry you didn't get any answers. Looks like you're not going to. I am new with this modding so probably not much help, but I don't think you need a conning tower to have guns. The Deck gun on a sub in not in the conning tower. The nodes I have seen for AA guns are labeled A01 A02 etc. I think if you get rid of the conning tower you can put the AA guns on the boat. Put them in the dat for the boat. But you will have to check to see, I think there is a controller in the .sim file that would have to go in the boats .sim.

There may be a simpler way but I copied the Parent ID from the .sim controller and then go to the .dat window and select "find" from the menu and paste it in the box and it will show you what it controls, at least what it is linked to. So when you find the controller for the AA you can move it to the boatl. The one on mine is an "obj_Turret" so I assume it is the same for the rest of the AAs, but each one links to it's own controller, I think. You could put one in manually if you know how. And I also think you may have to add the AAs to the equipment file in the PT boat.

The crew? I haven't got that far yet.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote