View Single Post
Old 05-08-08, 07:48 PM   #569
jmr
Commander

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Sorry to here about the **** you're going through right now, OLC. Nothing I can say or do can alleviate that but I want to say thanks for this mod of yours. It's your MOD combined GWX that keeps me playing SH3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Enemy ships definitely get better at spotting you as the war progresses. Still in March 1941, I just tried a surface attack in clear, calm weather, at the darkest time of the night. I was spotted at 3km! Those ships certainly aren't "blind" in OLCE2 by any measure. I'm thinking this level of night visibility is about right, no? :hmm:
What speed were you traveling? It's hard to find concrete data on stuff like this so were left with first hand accounts of night time surface attacks by ex submariners. In Iron Wolves, Herbert Werner writes about coming within several hundred meters of an unsuspecting target early in the war. Edward Beach writes similarly about up close and personal attacks in pitch darkness although a foamy wake from high speed runs could easily give you away if you an astute watch crew on the target ship.
jmr is offline   Reply With Quote