View Single Post
Old 05-07-08, 01:05 PM   #535
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3
Default Ubermod 2.1.0 released.

This is the same as 2.0.3 except that I've removed sensors.cfg and sim.cfg which contained my changes to visual sensor settings.

This time I've done some controlled tests and, so far, the results show OLCE2 daytime visual sensors to be more or less identical to GWX 2.1 (16km) daytime visual sensors. At night, as with earlier versions of the Ubermod which didn't change those cfg files, the enemy ships can see much worse than they can in GWX 2.1 (16km). This I've not tested as much, but initial tests suggest that in 1939 and early 1940 enemy ships are totally blind at the darkest time of night until they become aware of you (e.g. by you attacking) at which point they will illuminate you with spotlights and flares, and see you quite easily at short/medium range. In late 1940 they will start to be able to spot you at night (without the aid of spotlights and flares) in favourable conditions, and currently I'm assuming that this is due to an increase in crew veterancy.

I'm inclined to leave it at that, rather than play with sensors again and risk another sensor ******* up.

Again, I apologise for not checking this sooner.

Last edited by onelifecrisis; 05-07-08 at 01:19 PM.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote