View Single Post
Old 04-30-08, 02:50 PM   #5
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
Great, thanks for the responses guys. Although I'm still wondering why I dont really care for CFS, but still loved Aces

Unfortunately, multiplayer isnt an option, as my computer doesnt have regular internet access. Also complicating matters is the fact that I really need to cut down on my gaming time (baby on the way and all, so money is better spent elsewhere).

In any case, I probably will buy it, but it might be a while.
First of all, congrats for the upcoming "Pilot trainee" (You are going to teach him/her how to fly IL2, right? :p) and second, IL2 is a very very very good game for multiplay, BUT it isnt necessary. I've been flying IL2 since the release (6-7 years?), never uninstalled it. I only started active MP gaming ~1½ years ago with HunterICX and Danlisa from here at SubSim.

And there are programs like DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator) that gives you tons of new single- and multiplay campaigns with the ability to have ALOT more planes in the air during the missions (with the setup wizard, 50 per side on an mission is the max) and it also makes the ground activity mean more for the progress of the campaign.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote